I was looking at my blog the other day and felt bad for not updating it lately. It’s been a trying month in terms of time management, and unfortunately www.ChristopherRoss.net was on a low rung. That will change, because I need to express myself through more than the random thoughts that twitter provides.
So, in no particular order, here’s what’s going on:
- We’re thisclose to finalizing our fiscal year targets/strategy/teams/budgets/myr excuses/etc. This process alone proves that we’re a true-blue CORPORATE now. Because it’s become a cottage industry of duplicate efforts, multiple cooks and process upon endless process.
- The trip to Disney World went splendid. I relaxed (relatively) and enjoyed the time with the family, so much that we’re already planning to go back in 6 months. I highly recommend staying at Sheraton Safari if you are interested in being off-property.
- Got Best Buy to replace my Samsung 50” HDTV with a 56” HDTV. It’s wicked cool. Too bad I’m never home to watch it.
- Ruined a budding friendship. It happens.
- Lost 5lbs. Every little bit helps.
- Had my orthodontist hook me up with Invisaligns.
- Began developing a (hopefully) long-lasting friendship with some of our neighbors. If your names are Beth & Scott, you’re in!
- Saw “The Dark Knight”. By the time I went, the hype ruined the experience for me. It was, ok.
You get the point – lots of little things and a few big ones. But I’m just walking around exhausted now. Especially today, having been up since 2:30a Central Time and now I’m staring at 1-2hrs of email and follow-up activities.
The good news is that I still love my job, my family is doing well, my wife seems less likely to kick me to the curb, and the dog has taken a liking to me. So for today, I’m good. Life, is good.